Step 1: Create a new domain or subdomain
First, you need to create a new domain or subdomain for your second store. In your cPanel, go to the domains section:
Note: If you want to create a new domain, you have to purchase the domain name first.
If you want to create a new domain (e.g. yourstore.fr) click on “Addon Domains”:
- Fill in the details about your second store domain (website address)
New Domain Name–enter the website address that you want your second store on.
Document root—To make the multi store work with OpenCart you need to point your new domain to the same directory that your OpenCart installation is in. If you don't know what it is, it should be the main directory (
Subdomain/FTP username—this field will be autofilled.
- Click "Add domain" to create the new domain.
- Subdomain—Fill in the name of your subdomain
- Document root—To make the multi store work with OpenCart you need to point your new domain to the same directory that your OpenCart installation is in. If you don't know what it is, it should be the main directory (
Step 2: Create a new store in OpenCart
- Now let's connect your addon domain to OpenCart. Go to OpenCart Admin>System>Settings and click "Insert"
- On the General tab enter the new domain (subdomain) name that you just created in your cPanel. Don’t forget the slash (
/) at the end:
Fill in the rest of the details about your store and click "Save"
Step 3: Enable all categories and products that you want to show in the second shop
When you finish setting up your shop, it will be empty. You have to enable manually all products and categories that you want to display in the second shop.
- Go to Catalog > Categories
- Click “Edit” for a Category and switch to the “Data” tab
- Tick your second store in the “Stores” section
- Click “Save”
Then do the same for the products you want to enable on the second store.
If you have any questions or trouble following this tutorial, please leave a comment. I'll be happy to help you if I can.