- Go to System>Design>Banners
- Click "Insert" to add a new set of banners. Enter a banner name.
- Click on "Add banner" and fill in the form
Tip: If you want the banner to point to a category, go to your website, click on the category and copy the link address from your browser. If you want the banner to link to a product, go to the page of the product and copy its link. Then paste the address into the "Link" field.
When you're finished adding banners click "Save".
- Now, go to Extensions>Modules
- Click "Edit" For the Slideshow module
- Click "Add module"
- Enter the following settings:
- Banner: The one you just created
- Size: 500×280 (This works great for the default theme)
- Layout: Home (To show it on the front page)
- Position: Content Top
- Status: Enabled
- Sort order: 1 (This will make your Slideshow banner appear first, if there are other modules set to “Content Top”)