Sometimes, after installing a new vQmod extension, you will get a blank screen or a terrifying error message. And, what is worse, sometimes these error messages seem to appear out of the blue.
The good news is that you can easily disable vQmod extensions and it will be like they were never installed. You don’t actually need to delete the extension files.
If you don’t know which one the offending extension is, you can disable all of them. Follow these steps:
- Log in to your FTP server
- Go to the
- Create a new folder inside of it and call it
disabled. So, now you’ll have a
- Select all files in the
vqmod/xmldirectory, without the file
vqmod_opencart.xml. This is very important. Otherwise, you’ll disable vQmod itself
- Move the selected files into the
- If you’re using any caching extensions, go to your OpenCart dashboard and clear the website cache. Then reload your website.
- To enable the extensions again, just move the files one by one from the
vqmod/xml/disableddirectory to the
vqmod/xmldirectory. Refresh your website after you enable each extension. This way you can find the one that has broken your OpenCart store and contact the extension developer or just remove the extension.
Bonus tip! After you have brought back your store from the dead, you can install the vQmod manager, so that you can install/uninstall and delete vQmod extension easily from your OpenCart dashboard.
Did you find this article helpful? Sign up to the mailing list below and never miss another helpful OpenCart article.