If you're looking for a way to make the navigation bar in OpenCart work like that of a standard website, you're in the right place.
To add new pages in OpenCart and place their links in the top navigation menu, follow these steps:
- Download this free extension: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=extension/extension/info&extension_id=9491
- Upload the extension files to the main directory of your store. In my case, this is the root directory (
/). If your store is located at http://yoursite.com/store, then you your main directory is called
storeand you have to upload all extension files there.
Make sure that you're uploading the vqmod directory on your computer to the main directory of the store. I'm using FileZilla, by the way.
- Log in to your OpenCart admin and go to Catalog>Information
- You will see a list of information pages. Click “Insert” to add a new page. Using the “Description” box on the “General” tab you can add any content you like.
- Switch to the “Data” tab and place a checkmark next to “Top”.
- Click “Save”.
You can also do this with existing information pages. For example, I clicked “Edit” for the “About Us” page and, using the “Top” option, I placed the page in the OpenCart menu bar.
I hope this tutorial worked for you.